|BAR FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
On June 6, the Bar Foundation Board of Directors held its quarterly meeting at the law offices of Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso in Charleston (pictured above).
The Board members, who are judges and lawyers located around the state, reviewed matters and made decisions on numerous items, including:
* Discussed the financial report for the July, 2012-June, 2013 fiscal year with projections of a small surplus on June 30.
* Approved more than $30,000 in Bar Foundation grants this year that included the continuation of the Bar Foundation Public Service scholarship at the WVU College of Law and a challenge grant for the WV State Bar’s Lawyer Assistance Program.
* Took action to amend the provisions of the Investment Fund policy to have a small portion in equities with the overwhelming majority remaining in secure financial instruments.
* Reviewed the successful events which had occurred earlier in the fiscal year, including Lunch and Laughs with a Legal Legend, the Bar Foundation Fellows Dinner and the ALPS Lawyer Leadership Institute.
* Selected the two accounting firms to do the monthly bank reconciliations and the annual independent audit.
* Elected the following leaders to serve as the Officers for the 2013-14 fiscal year:
|BAR FOUNDATION ANNUAL MEETING
The Annual Meeting of the WV Bar Foundation was held on June 6 in Charleston at the law offices of Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso.
Tracey Weber (Weston) gave his President’s Report and mentioned the numerous beneficial programs and activities that lead to another successful year for the Bar Foundation’s mission of improving the administration of justice and the provision of legal services in the state.
The sale of the Bar Foundation’s two buildings after twenty years of ownership and after only a few months on the market enabled the Bar Foundation to place even more emphasis on its philanthropic endeavors.
During the Annual Meeting, the following individuals were elected to three year terms as members of the Board of Directors:
|LUNCH AND LAUGHS WITH A LEGAL LEGEND
The WV Bar Foundation and its Board of Directors are very pleased to announce that U. S. District Court Judge Irene M. Keeley of Clarksburg has been selected as the honored guest for the Third Lunch and Laughs with a Legal Legend event, which will be held on Friday, September 13, 2013, at the Erickson Alumni Center in Morgantown.
This “friendly roast” will begin at 11:30 AM with WVU College of Law Professor Emeritus Jack Bowman serving as the Master of Ceremonies. The “roasters”, who will tell humorous stories about Judge Keeley, are U. S. District Court Chief Judge John P. Bailey (Wheeling), entrepreneur Pat Bibbee (Charleston) and attorney Robert M. Steptoe, Jr. (Bridgeport).
The proceeds from this worthwhile activity will be shared by Judge Keeley’s designated choice of law student clinics at the WVU College of Law and Bar Foundation grants to improve the dministration of justice in the state. Sponsorships of $2,000 provide a reserved table with 10 seats. Individual tickets can be purchased for $60. Please contact the Bar Foundation to make reservations— firstname.lastname@example.org
304-343-9823—P. O. 4845, Charleston, WV 25364.
A Good Time for a Good Cause!
|Please visit our website at wvbarfound.org
To unsubscribe from this mailing, please click here:
Thomas R. Tinder, Esq.
The philanthropic organization for West Virginia’s legal profession and justice system.
The information in this message may contain confidential material and is protected from disclosure. If this message has not reached its intended recipient, please be notified that any review, retransmission, retention, dissemination or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete the information from your system.