WEST VIRGINIA BAR FOUNDATION
JULY 1-2016-JUNE 30, 2017
- Sixth Lunch and Laughs With a Legal Legend-September 9, 2016-Robert M. Steptoe, Jr. as the honoree that have generated more than $57,000 for law student scholarships.
- Nineteenth Bar Foundation Fellows Dinner-April 26, 2017
- Sixteen honorees who join approximately 300 outstanding judges and lawyers out of more than 5,000 in the state.
- Sixth highly rated Lawyer Leadership Institute-May 19-21, 2017 Nine diverse newer lawyers learning leadership skills from excellent members of the judiciary and the legal profession.
- Record amount of $43,000 in Bar Foundation grants, including the Public Service Scholarship at the WVU College of Law and the innovative grant to the Student Legal Clinic in Beckley to serve citizens in need of legal assistance.
- LexisNexis Partnership in Success Award, presented by National Conference of Bar Foundations, for grant to the WV College of Law for new Student Legal Clinic in Beckley to provide legal assistance to deserving citizens, legal training for law students and possible employment opportunities for new lawyers in the underserved southern part of the state.
- Fiduciary Achievements-positive financial budget, clean independent audit and clear monthly bank reconciliations.
- Growth of the Justice Fund to more than $660,000 with a fund raising campaign to get it to $1 million by the end of 2017.
- Beneficial involvement of the fifteen member Board of Directors in all aspects of governance.