WEST VIRGINIA BAR FOUNDATION
2015-16 ANNAL REPORT
- Lunch and Laughs With a Legal Legend honoring WVU President Gee—the five annual events have generated more than $50,000 for law student scholarships.
- Bar Foundation Fellows Dinner where a distinguished group of two judges and twenty lawyers were inducted into membership.
- Lawyer Leadership Institute with ten diverse newer lawyers learning leadership skills from expert judges and lawyers.
- Record amount of more than $41,500 in Bar Foundation grants, including the Public Service Scholarship at the WVU College of Law.
- A break-even budget year with a clean audit for the previous fiscal year.
- Growth of the Justice Fund to more than $600,000 with a fund raising campaign to get it to $1 million by the end of 2017.
- Beneficial involvement of Board members in all aspects of governance and policy making.